Beginning in the fall of 2016, Cartersville City Schools will adopt CareDox as a new tool for school nurses to keep parents notified when your children visit the health clinic. This program will also provide parents with accurate student medical information. All information will be stored securely and is HIPAA and FERPA compliant.
The benefits of CareDox include:
- Streamlined medical information sharing, less paper mail, faxing or phone calls
- Real-time notifications when your child visits the nurse's clinic
- Accurate and portable vital information for daily and emergency use
- Parents can fill out child's health profile ONCE, and update each school year, ensuring it's always up to date information
- Peace of mind that the school is fully aware of all medical conditions your child has
- Parents have an efficient way to communicate with the health department- reports can be printed
Cartersville's top priority is student safety and Caredox will help to ensure an efficient, streamlined process for coordinating care of your child.
Parents will be able to access Caredox with the same log in as the parent portal with a single sign on.
Cindy Smith, RN, Carilyn Hawkins, RN, and April Garner, RN attend the Georgia School Nurse Conference