Cartersville City School System uses Service Solutions as the supplier of all custodial staff. Interested custodian applicants should contact Willie Moultrie, Contract Manager, at 770-383-3299.
Currently, the Cartersville City School System uses a third party, Ashton Staffing, as the supplier of all paraprofessional positions. Interested applicants should contact Ashton Staffing directly about available positions and to apply.
606 South Tennessee Street
Cartersville, GA 30120
Accepting Applications for 2019-20 School year beginning July 1, 2019
1. Be 21 years of age
2. Complete a SUBSTITUTE TRAINING CLASS(see list below for exemptions): Please visit www.nwgaresa.com for a schedule of substitute training courses.
Exceptions for the substitute training class:
Certified teachers (including those with an expired certificate)
Former paraprofessionals or former substitutes
3. Complete and submit the online substitute application at https://cartersvilleschools.munisselfservice.com along with ALL payroll documents provided by the Receptionist Central Office.
4. Approved applicants must be fingerprinted and have an approved criminal history check on file prior to being authorized to begin any work assignment in the school system. The fingerprinting process is conducted by appointment only. The cost to the applicant is $41.00 and is non-refundable. Exact change in cash or a check is the only acceptable form of payment. After you have completed the training (if applicable) and your application is accepted as qualified, please speak with the Receptionist at 770-382-5880 to schedule a background check appointment. Once our office receives your background results, we will schedule a classroom observation day (if applicable).
TAPP - Alternate Teaching Certification Information
The Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation & Pedagogy (GaTAPP) program provides alternative routes to teacher preparation for qualified individuals to teach on an intern basis while completing teacher certification requirements. GaTAPP is designed for candidates wanting to enter the teaching profession in a core content area primarily in middle grades and high school.
Although the Cartersville City School System has participated in the GaTAPP program on a very limited basis in the past, the current job market in our system makes it very difficult to enter the teaching field using this avenue. We typically have many qualified applicants who are fully certified for each vacancy. The school system will generally only hire a GaTAPP applicant when there is no qualified and certified teacher available. Usually, these candidates will be in shortage areas such as math, science, special education, and foreign language.
Basic criteria for the program as utilized by Cartersville City Schools.
1. To be eligible a candidate must:
- have at least a bachelor’s degree from a GaPSC-accepted accredited institution in a related teaching field, (not all teaching fields are available for the GaTAPP program);
- have at least a 2.5 grade point average in the bachelor’s program on a 4.0 scale if the program was completed in the last 10 years OR been accepted into or completed a Masters level program;
- have passed the GACE Basic Skills Test (or exempt by having a combined verbal and math SAT scores of 1000; a combined GRE verbal and quantitative score of 1030; or a combined English and math ACT scores of 43);
- You may register for the GACE Test at https://gace.ets.org
- To obtain SAT or GRE scores, you can contact the Educational Testing Service at www.ETS.org. ACT scores can be obtained at www.ACT.org. SAT and ACT scores are sometimes available on your high school transcript
- have evidence of content knowledge by having passed the GACE assessment in the content area of the teaching field or have a major in that field with 21 semester hours;
- Special Education candidates may have a major/concentration in any area depending upon the particular teaching assignment
- have a satisfactory criminal background check and clearance; and
2. Qualified candidates must submit a complete Cartersville City School application (available online here soon) with all required documents
3. When a vacancy occurs, the principal may consider and/or interview a qualified TAPP candidate.
4. Other information:
- the RESA fee for the TAPP program is $3500. The school system may assume part of the cost of the program if funds are available and it is determined in the best interest of the school system.
- Once hired, the system submits the official transcripts and requests interim certification from GaPSC.
The Cartersville City School Board of Education does not discriminate in any educational, employment or other activity under its jurisdiction on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age or handicapping condition; and will honor all appropriate laws and regulations relating to discrimination.