Cartersville City Schools will hold its 2020 New Student Summer Registration for K- 5th grade during the week of:
July 13-16, 2020
15 Nelson Street
(School Board Office)
8 am-Noon and 1–3 pm
Parents, in order to help with the governor’s social distancing policy, we are asking that you complete the necessary paperwork before you arrive for registration (our packet is available on the CCS website). Also, if at all possible, please do not bring children with you so we can keep individuals in the building to a minimum.
The following documentation is required in order to register:
1. Records from previous schools - Withdrawal forms (including IEP if applicable), Discipline & Attendance as well as the school's address. Withdrawal from any previous school should be accomplished BEFORE enrolling in the Cartersville School System.
2. Birth Certificate
3. Social Security Card or signed waiver
4. Georgia Certificate of Immunization (GA DHR Form 3231)
5. Hearing, Vision, and Dental Screen (Georgia DHR Form 3300)
6. Proof of City Residence*- Cartersville City Schools are open to any eligible student who legally reside within the Cartersville City Limits. Out-of-district students may apply for enrollment subject to Board Policy. Prior to enrollment, all schools in the Cartersville School System require that the Parent/legal guardian provide a lease, deed and city utility bill with the parent/legal guardian's name and address (Post Office Box Number is NOT acceptable) Any parent/legal guardian submitting false proof of City Residence documentation may result in the student(s) being immediately withdrawn from school.
*If the student qualifies as homeless in accordance with McKinney-Vento Law, the above proof is not required for enrollment but is appreciated.
CountyResidents (Out of District) who meet criteria (School Board Policy JBCB) and are accepted by the principal of the appropriate school for enrollment must pay tuition in full prior to enrollment as specified by the Cartersville School Board.